Fall

Fall

Sunday, June 2, 2013

It came, it went, it was truly great!

Last night Robert and I went to the Fleetwood Mac concert. We bought tickets 9 or so months ago, so it has been in the back of my mind that June 1st would be a spectacular night. And they did not disappoint!

They began the concert a tad late, but there was no opening act. Thus, the anticipation for them to come onstage was thick. Once they did, the crowd erupted in applause and I think I started losing my voice at the beginning of the concert I was screaming so much. They played until 10:55pm with no break. Not bad for a bunch of 60 pluses (man, when I am 65 I do want to look like Stevie Nicks! She is gorgeous!). 

They played a really great variety of music. You know when you see bands that haven't performed together for a while, sometimes they do a reunion tour around an album they just released, and maybe only play one or two favs. Fleetwood Mac mainly played favs, with a few songs peppered in that they recently wrote, and two that were uncovered after being underground since the 70's. There was this beautiful ballad Lindsey and Stevie sang together...sounded like Simon and Garfunkel.

We had nosebleed seats but they were smack dab in the center of the arena so we had the perfect view. It was truly one of those experiences I am so glad I didn't miss.

No comments: